About Ignite in 3 bullet points
- Ignite is a series of speedy talks: 20 slides, autoforwards every 15 seconds.
- Ignite events are organised in cities around the world, usually by volunteers for the local community.
- The largest Ignite event to date is Ignite Boulder 11, which attracted 1,350 attendees on June 24, 2010.
More on the Wikipedia page.
About the Ignite Berlin talks
- Ignite Berlin hopes to inspire creativity, new ideas and new relationships in the community.
- We’re after a mix of funny and serious, social and personal, high and low tech, crafty, webby, environmental, quirky and mainstream.
- Absolutely NO SALES PITCH.
- We are a not-for-profit organisation.
- We don’t offer travel support. If you will be in Berlin during an Ignite event for whatever personal or professional reason, we welcome your application.
- It’s been a free event to attend and we will try our best to keep it free for future events.
- Each speaker gets 5 minutes on stage. 20 slides, which auto-forwards every 15 seconds, no going back. SO it’s pretty brutal, although nothing that a rehearsal can’t fix.
Interested in speaking at Ignite Berlin? Interested in offering your space as the next location? Ping the team and we’ll get back to you.